The Netgear Routers offer such a wide variety of functionality to the users that it has essentially become a good pass time to the students. Once the person has started with the whole thing, it would become rather easy for them to get used to everything. The Netgear Router Interface can be easily accessed by going to the website http://routerlogin.net. To counter this particular problem, all you need to do is to follow a particular guide which will help you perform various types of things. This has been proved to be a great thing which will allow everyone to be in the same place. To know how we can perform the same thing, we have compiled a good amount of steps in order to make it easy for every single person who requires this.
How to Reset a Netgear Router
- To reset a Netgear Router, all you need is a simple way to get to a computer and turn it on.
- After this, turn on your Netgear Router as well.
- When both of these devices have been turned on, you would be required to move on to the next step.
- Connect your computer to the Netgear Router with the help of a WiFi connection or a cable connection (LAN).
- After it has been connected, you are required to go to your Desktop.
- On the Desktop, you will find quite a few ways to open the website that is on the official place.
- To open it, launch a web browser. (Google Chrome, Firefox or a Safari)
- Here, click the URL bar and type in the web address http://routerlogin.net.
- On this website, you have to enter the right combination of username and password in order to move further.
- After you have entered it, click the Login button.
- On the main interface page, you have to search for the Maintenance tab.
- Click it.
- Then, search for a Router Reset/SysRestart option. Click it.
- Select the Factory Reset option and press the Reset button.
After selecting this, you would be able to perform a Netgear Router Reset function and would be able to use it as new. However, there is another way to get to this place. The end user can easily reset the whole Netgear Router without going in to the main interface. Let’s look at how people can reset this device rather easily with the above method.
Reset a Netgear Router without using the computer
- To reset a Netgear Router without using any kind of a computer or a laptop, you would be required to follow the above steps to precision.
- Here, you have to first turn on the Netgear Router and wait for the whole thing to load up.
- When it is fully loaded up, you would be required to go to the router and then move on to the next step.
- Here, you have to turn it around in such a way that you would be now facing the ports that are usually found at the backside of the device.
- Search for a small button named Reset.
- Keep that particular button pressed for at least 10 seconds or until the whole set of lights start blinking. (Make sure the Netgear Router is turned on before this)
- You would be required to now set up the whole router again because all of the firmware is now reset to its original state.
By using these two ways, a person would simply be able to perform a reset operation on the whole device quite easily. The way it works is that it allows people to evade certain updates and fixes that usually cripple the whole system. This means that people would not be able to normally evade them but since the company provides this great feature, people are now able to do much more than just these two things. Once everything has been completed, it would not be an issue for anyone who is experiencing any kind of issue with this particular device. To those people who are still not able to Reset their Netgear Routers, it would seem that there is some kind of a problem with how you are performing this thing. One can do this quite easily and with no issues what so ever. The security is surely compromised a bit because the Netgear Router is reviving its old firmware for serving the user’s request. One can perform this operation himself without running into any kind of problem. All the person requires is a simple way to get to the main interface where all of this stuff is completed and then that particular user would be easily able to perform whichever function that they require and in turn, that user will recommend it to their other friends and this cycle will keep going on.