Netgear routers are some of the best networking hardware the users can ask for. The netgear router login contain some of the best advanced features regarding network security and ease of access to the user. The Netgear routers are initially required by the user to physically setup and then login using the www.routerlogin.net admin login page. There, the user will be required to enter the default credentials regarding the router. After that, the user will be able to gain access to the advanced features of the router and access the basic configuration page as well. From there, the user can configure their router as per they desire.
There are a few recommended steps that the user must take to ensure maximum security for their network. There are a few measures that must be taken to make sure that no unauthorized users are able to gain access to the user’s network without their permission. The user must change the default username and password for their router. This way, any unauthorized user trying to gain access to the user’s network will be unsuccessful. The user must also update the firmware for their router. The up to date firmware ensures that the security on the router is kept up to date. The firmware update also ensures that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices. The new firmware also enhances the security on the router and might even add some new features to the router.
Here, we will show the users how to setup and login, to reset and to update the firmware for the Netgear AC1750 R6400Smart WiFi Router.
Troubleshooting guide to setup and login to the Netgear AC1750 R6400Smart WiFi Router:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the Netgear router.
- Using another Ethernet cable, connect the desktop computer/laptop to any of the four internet ports of the Netgear router.
- Reboot all the three devices one by one and wait for them to finish rebooting.
- Now, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to gain access to the admin login page for the Netgear router.
- A dialog box will pop up, prompting the user for the default credentials regarding their router. Enter the default credentials to login to the Netgear router.
- After logging in to the router, the Setup Wizard will appear. The Setup Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that the user has.
- For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard detects the connection as Dynamic IP.
- Once the Setup Wizard has detected the internet connection, proceed with the on screen instructions to finish the setup.
After successfully setting up and logging in to the router, the user can start configuring their router further. Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting steps to reset the Netgear AC1750 R6400Smart WiFi Router:
- The reset button is located at the rear end of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the reset button after ten seconds.
- Once the power light becomes stable and green/white in color, the router will have been restored back to its factory default settings.
Once the router has been reset, the personalized settings of the user on the router will also get reset. This process cannot be reversed after the reset.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware for the Netgear AC1750 R6400Smart WiFi Router:
- Download the latest firmware file from the NETGEAR Download Centre and save it to the desired location.
- Now, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. The admin login page will appear.
- Enter the default credentials whenever prompted. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The credentials may be case sensitive.
- Once logged in, the web based interface will appear containing all the configurations regarding the router.
- Click the Maintenance tab. There, the user will see the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The name may vary for different router models.
- Click the same option. Now, click the Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Once located, click the Upload option to begin the firmware update process.
- The firmware update will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the firmware has been updated, the router will restart itself.
Once the firmware has been successfully updated, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Do not interrupt the update process or remove the router from its power source as it can damage the router.
- Do not download the firmware file from any third party websites as they may not be secure and loss of data can occur.